I'm running two different campaigns right at the moment, both D&D 4th Edition. One, which I've been running since 4th Edition came out about a year ago, has gotten the name "Circle of Love" from a spell that one of the characters used to cast:
1. Dan Grendell - Tengri, a Dragonborn Sorcerer who specializes in thunder effects
2. Joe Royer - Taiha Lakar, a Goliath Bear Shaman
3. Jamie Royer - Brynn, a Half-Elf Ranger with a focus on using a bow
4. Max Romero - Mmirg, a Half-Orc Warden with more than a little barbarian about him
5. Ben Kimball - Fargrim, a Dwarf Invoker of Pelor
They are currently trapped in an extradimensional pyramid, and their goal seems to be to kill the warlock who trapped them three times in order to get out. We're playing the D&D 4th Edition series of modules, and we're currently on the Pyramid of Shadows. When we complete it, I'm going to move to playing and Ben is going to take over GMing.
I'm also running the Wandering Wolves, my Eberron campaign that ran for about two years as a 3.5 game. They hit 10th level, and we started there, rebuilding the characters in D&D 4.0, just a couple weeks ago. We're playing original adventures that I'm building using D&D Insider's awesome adventure-building tools. Characters are:
1. Ben Kimball - William d'Deneith, ex-vampire, ex-dragonmarked heir, current mercenary-minded Human Fighter
2. Paul Benjamin - Brand d'Orien, dragonmarked heir on the outs with his house, Human Ranger with a penchant for teleporting, moving around and chopping people with his duel swords or the help of his badass wolf companion
3. Jason Jones - Lysander d'Phiarlan, dragonmarked heir in good standing with his house, Elf Bard who had become quite famous before he and his friends were framed for attempted regicide
4. Nate Southard - Luggoth, rage-prone Razorclaw Shifter Barbarian who has a role to play in the Draconic Prophecy and a history with the Silver Flame and the Lords of Dust
5. Chris Nicholas - Pel, a Shifter Rogue with Cleric multiclass who worships the Traveler, has a strong connection with that god and also has connections to the Sharn gang known as the Tyrants
Both games are played on Friday nights at my place, we alternate weeks.
I post all my recaps and such on http://austingame.blogspot.com/ and have another blog site only I can read that I use for my behind-the-scenes notes, stats, etc.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When a character's surname has a "d" and an apostrophe preceeding it, what does that mean?
ReplyDeleteYou know, like Randy d'Lander.
Is it just that they belong to a House?
Yep, that's an indicator that they are part of a Dragonmarked house, and it always includes the d' and the name of the house.
ReplyDeleteThe family line name is usually left out, but the full name would be the first name, family name and house name, for example William's full name is William Snow d'Deneith.
I don't know if the Snow was an influence from Game of Thrones or a coincidence. :)