I don't think we've had any particularly long combats in 4E. Every so often, we run into a monster with 400+ hit points, but with 8th level or higher characters, they still die pretty quickly. And if I can see where the combat's going, I'll sometimes just chop off those last 25 or more and give somebody the cool kill shot when they loose their daily.
The "Killing Minions with Style" article is interesting. We've generally gone with DM describing action, but the players occasionally interjecting with what they think happened. It's not ideal, but it works, and I don't mind the mechanics of the system being on display along with the flavor.
I don't think we've had any particularly long combats in 4E. Every so often, we run into a monster with 400+ hit points, but with 8th level or higher characters, they still die pretty quickly. And if I can see where the combat's going, I'll sometimes just chop off those last 25 or more and give somebody the cool kill shot when they loose their daily.
ReplyDeleteThe "Killing Minions with Style" article is interesting. We've generally gone with DM describing action, but the players occasionally interjecting with what they think happened. It's not ideal, but it works, and I don't mind the mechanics of the system being on display along with the flavor.
I'm really digging the suggestions around minion combat. I'm going to have to throw a handful of them at my group this weekend.
ReplyDelete